Thursday, August 30, 2012

Guilt by Association


This dress so perfectly fits my style, especially as it has evolved over the last couple of years. More and more I'm leaning towards outfits that have fewer items and less complexity, so a dress that has built-in visual interest and needs little accessorizing is perfect. I can throw it on in the morning, add a couple of foolproof pieces of jewelry, and go. The fact that it has some stretch to it and doesn't easily wrinkle makes it comfy and wearable all day.

I love how the shape of the panels at the hips hint at a peplum without actually being one. I love peplums on jackets and tops but I'm not generally a fan of them dresses or skirts except in rare cases. To my eye they often look like an afterthought, just stuck on there and interrupting the flow of the garment. Plus they just bring back way too many 80's flashbacks for me, like this purple number below. Not something I would've worn even in the 80's, but I suppose I feel a bit of guilt by association.




Dress: Helmut Lang
Necklace: Wendy Brandes
Bracelet, rings: Metal Pointu
Bag: Botkier
Boots: Brako

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home