Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Finicky


I'm back from my extended travels, which took me to Edinburgh and into the Scottish highlands, down to York, over to Liverpool as I mentioned in my last post, on to London, over to Strasbourg for the work portion of the trip, and finally to Paris for the last weekend. I had a great trip and though I've only been back since Monday I feel remarkably recovered from the jetlag, perhaps because I had enough time over there that I wasn't still suffering from the first round of time zone changes.

I'll have a follow-up travel post or two after the Thanksgiving holiday is over, but in the meantime I have a couple of outfits from before the trip to share. This one features a new pair of boots that I recently found to fill a specific wardrobe gap: low heeled, mid-calf, medium brown boots that are comfortable enough for walking.

Initially I thought I might take these boots along for the trip, but they weren't quite broken in enough to be safe for 3 weeks on the road. As it is, even my most trusted pairs will start to get uncomfortable after several days of walking on cobblestones, which in fact is exactly what happened. I was forced -- forced, I tell you! -- to buy another pair in York when the two that I brought were becoming unbearable (you can see the new ones in Not Supermum's post). Curse you, finicky feet!

In this outfit I've layered one of my tulle skirts underneath the dress, which mitigates the problem of the dress being exceedingly floaty. Since I haven't yet bothered to work on weighting down the hem, I figured the next best solution was to wear something non-floaty underneath in case of a breeze. Problem solved, in layering weather at least.

Dress: eShakti
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: a gift from Mom
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Born

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home