Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Fall Travels: London

Next up in my fall travels series is London, which was just getting decked out in its holiday finery when I arrived. I do love an outdoor ice skating rink.

One of the highlights of my London visit was the creepy Highgate Cemetery, with its policy of "managed neglect." Dead people ended up being a theme of this trip, as the Greyfriars Kirkyard in Edinburgh may have foreshadowed.


A fabulous view over the Thames at night.

I fell in love with London's modern architecture along the waterfront, which I thought formed a great contrast against the classic structures such as the Tower of London.



 

The impressive lions of Trafalgar Square:

Finally, taking top honors for my favorite museum in London, and also one of my favorite museums anywhere: the Old Operating Theater Museum. I visited this immediately after accidentally finding myself at an exhibit at the Museum of London that detailed the link between grave-robbing, murder, and medical dissection in the early 19th century. I couldn't have planned a better pairing!

This was my last day in the UK; for my next and last post from this trip, I have a few shots from my weekend in Paris. I hope you're having a very merry Christmas!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home