Sunday, February 3, 2013

Noir City part 2

Today was the final day of the Noir City film festival, and after last night's big evening, it was a pretty quiet day at the theater (though the 49ers being in the Super Bowl undoubtedly has something to do with it).

Here are Fawn and I all ready to set out for the Noir City Nightclub last night:


My dress is a vintage late 40's-early 50's Lillie Rubin that I found on Etsy.  I wore it with a full crinoline underneath for lots of volume in the skirt. Fawn is wearing a cocktail dress from Boden and one of my hats, which I thought looked great on her. Here we are modeling our outfits with my vintage mink stole. I love that stole so much I wish I could just wear it with everything, every day; however I'm not really sure how well that would go over in San Francisco when there isn't a classic movie festival or some other vintage-themed event going on.


Mark also attended the nightclub event wearing his vintage 1940's tux and a fedora that I made for him. The tux is a deep midnight blue with black silk trim, which I think is a great alternative to solid black. Doesn't he look dapper? I do love a man in a tux, especially a vintage one.


Laura met us at the venue, so unfortunately she isn't in any of my photos. It was a great evening though, with several different live bands, a striptease performer, and of course, lots of people dressed up and looking amazing.

 
 
Today I met Laura at the Castro theater for one last show, this one a B-movie marathon. For my daywear look I went with nude fishnet stockings and wrist-length gloves, as well as one of my own hats. The dress is a 40's reproduction from Revamp Vintage, and has seen several Noir City festivals before.



I have to say I'm a little sad to see the festival come to a close; in many ways I feel like this was the best one so far. This year I also improved my vintage hairstyling and makeup techniques, and I put together some outfits that I was really proud of. I'm hoping I can find other occasions for some of them instead of letting them languish in a the closet for a whole year.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks; I'm headed to France tomorrow for a week and I'll probably need several days to regroup before I post again.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home