Friday, April 12, 2013

Trends That Need To Die Already


The weather has been beautiful in SF lately, so I've taken the opportunity to wear several of my dresses with bare legs or fishnets. Here I wore nude fishnets, which I realize are a little tough to see in the photos. Since it's difficult to do a whole lot of styling with a dress, I mixed it up a bit by combining different metal finishes (the silver bag and brass necklace), and adding a blazer.

One of the best things about trends these days is that they hang around for a long time, allowing you to get maximum mileage out of clothing purchases. One of the worst things about trends nowadays is that they hang around for a long time, allowing them to annoy the shit out of you before they finally go away. For me there are currently two trends whose continued presence irritates me to the point of irrational rage. Without further ado, I present to you my top two Trends That Need To Die Already:

1. Topknots

The makeup is pretty awful too, come to think of it. Then again look who it is.

OK, I'll admit I thought these were sort of cute at first, though not something I'd wear myself even if I had long hair. But holy crap ladies, if you've got gorgeous long locks, why on earth would you want to wad it up and make it look like you're balancing a bagel on your head? There are tons of flattering updo's and pulled-back styles out there; this isn't one of them.  STOP IT.


2. Giant Wedge and Platform Heels









Jeffrey Campbell, I blame you for the fact that these are still around. Yep, I owned several pairs of Frankenstein shoes. They're now gone from my closet, and I wish they were gone from everyone else's too. Let's not make this a longer goodbye than necessary.



What trends are you ready to see the last of?


Dress: Adrianna Papell
Blazer: La Redoute
Boots: Born
Handbag: Botkier

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home