Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jumbled Together

For this outfit I chose a monochromatic color scheme and made it interesting by doing some crazy pattern-mixing; I've got stripes, floral, abstract, and argyle all jumbled together in varying intensities of navy blue. Basically I started with the dress and then just pulled out a bunch of other navy items and started putting them together. I like how the striped hoodie gives a casual flair to the outfit, while the abstract patterned skirt eases the transition between the stark white background of the dress and the dark argyle tights.

Because there was so much pattern going on, I kept the accessories to a minimum, choosing a simple silver and black necklace and a solid black belt. There's really no need to go overboard with jewelry in an outfit like this; in fact, I probably didn't even need the necklace, but it went so well with the other silver and black accents that it blended in.

Looking at these shoes makes me happy; I just love the funky lacing across the top. However, I still lament the fact that these shoes only come in two very safe, neutral colors, because a two-tone version would be so much fun. If I can ever pick up a pair of the brown ones for cheap, I'd be tempted to dye them or have it done professionally.

Hoodie: from a local import shop
Dress: Noa Noa
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Skirt: Ralph Lauren
Shoes: Tsubo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home