Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Matrix + G.I. Joe

The last time I wore these cropped pants with this top, fellow blogger Bekster stopped by with this suggestion:

"While I absolutely LOVE the tie and the jacket (they make the outfit), I'd be curious to see the rest of the outfit with some sort of military jacket (and maybe military/beret-like hat)... kind of Matrix meets G.I. Joe."

I decided to give it a try, so I pulled out the only military jacket I own, swapped the dressy black boots for these more rugged-looking dark brown ones, and added the beret. I have no idea if this outfit bears any resemblance to The Matrix, since I've never seen the movie (I know, I know, but that much Keanu Reeves is simply more than I can bear.). As for G.I. Joe, I seem to remember him wearing a lot more khaki. But hey, I did my best, and I liked the way the outfit turned out.

The button-down shirt is actually a size too small, so layering over it is a must. Since the sleeves are a little too short, I usually cuff them, and the jacket worked beautifully to keep the sleeves and cuffs in place. I like how the inside of the cuffs are a cute floral pattern, which is an unexpected detail on an otherwise basic striped shirt.

After test-wearing Mark's first prototypes of the Lucille underbust belt in both black and brown, I finally got one of my very own. I liked how the open jacket revealed just a little bit of the hardware-adorned sides of the belt when I walked or put my hand on my hip. The belt is made of soft, flexible leather and is remarkably comfortable to wear all day. It gave some contrast to the dark top half of the outfit and added a utilitarian look. I could almost imagine that it's a holster and that I had a tiny, pearl-handled pistol under there (I didn't, but wouldn't it have made a great accessory?).

Beret: ADS
Jacket: F21, modified by me
Button-down shirt: Old Navy
Top: Max Studio
Belt: Audra Jean
Cropped Pants: Noa Noa
Boots: Bata

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home