Friday, April 16, 2010

Recycled



Here's an outfit in which I recycled a couple of recent ideas and turned them into something new. I wanted to play around with the tights and sandals look again, and I also wanted to do another pairing of this harness with something sheer and floaty (avert your eyes, A-C!).

It turns out I've only worn this dress 2 other times; I thought it had been more. But it is rather tricky to work with, being so sheer that it needs a full underneath layer, and also being a particular shape that makes the layering not so easy to accomplish. For instance, I've tried it with straighter skirts and the proportions are all wrong; the full skirt needs something under it that can fill it out or it ends up looking like it's missing a layer. Thus, the other times I've worn it have also been with my full tulle skirts underneath. You can see them all side by side at the bottom of the post.

Although the blue in the dress pattern is really a cornflower shade, I cheated and paired it with my dark peacock tulle skirt, which to me was close enough. Because the shade of the tulle skirt is so much darker, it allows the different hues to work together.

Dress: 70's vintage
Harness: Audra Jean
Skirt: Noa Noa
Tights: Foot Traffic, via Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home