Friday, April 9, 2010

Homburg


I made myself a hat a few weeks ago, which for some reason I haven't done very much of. This Homburg style was calling to me though, because it has a bit of a sinister Clockwork Orange look to it, as well as being reminiscent of the fabulous Homburgs that the late Alexander McQueen came out with last year (below, left and center). With this outfit I was also inspired by Christian Dior's wonderful equestrian looks in the SS10 line (below right).





















I created this hat as an alternative to bowlers and top hats, which seem to be EVERYWHERE in steampunk and Edwardian fashion right now. And then, the ubiquitous stingy-brimmed hipster fedoras have put me off fedoras altogether lately. So I made this. I love how it looks tilted at a severe angle, almost dipping over one eye.


Hat: Audra Jean
Dress: Noa Noa
Blazer: Gap, a gift from Sal
Waistcoat: Last Kiss
Skirt: Noa Noa
Boots: Frye



Oops... almost forgot to add this last detail shot!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home