Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Inspired by WendyB

This outfit was inspired by the incomparable Wendy Brandes, because when I grabbed this shirt out of the closet, I realized that the stripes are the color of cement. I decided to try to pull the purple undertones out of it by pairing it with my dusty purple ruffled skirt, fuzzy purple hat, and deep eggplant tights, punching up the contrast with some black accents. Had it not been for the fact that Wendy recently railed against the wearing of this drab and unflattering color, I probably wouldn't have given it nearly so much thought. She's right though; this color doesn't do anything for any skin tone, so it's best worn in small doses and with plenty of other contrasting shades.

Don't worry Wendy, if I'm ever nominated for an Oscar, there won't be a trace of this color in my outfit! Deep scarlet, flame orange, or emerald green perhaps, but I most certainly will not be strutting down the red carpet in cement.

Since Wendy inspired the outfit, it was only fitting that I topped it off with my fabulous swear rings. I liked the pairing of the flashy silver rings with the prominent brass buttons on the jacket. Mixing metals makes me feel like such a rebel.

Jacket: F21, modified by me
Shirt: thrifted
Hat: Accessorize/Monsoon
Skirt: a gift from mom
Tulle-trimmed slip: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Shoes: Tsubo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home