Thursday, March 18, 2010

Surprise

I'm always inspired by other bloggers, but lately I seem to be borrowing ideas from them more directly. A few days ago I posted my outfit that Sal inspired, and this one is my take on adorable Healthy and Homemade's brown and yellow ensemble. I loved how she blended sunny yellow with soft shades of brown and beige, and punched up the contrast with black leggings and shoes. Mixing in the brown shades allowed her to use the black accents without looking like a bumblebee, which was perfectly brilliant.

I was limited in my choices for yellow items, so I was stuck with the vest to work with. To bring in some more yellow tones I added the skirt, and then built around those two pieces with various brown items. As it turned out, I had olive green as an accent color because of the detailing on the skirt and the ties on the obi belt. For that reason I went with dark brown legs instead of black, because I felt the look was more harmonious that way.

The cardigan is actually longer than the skirt, so as an added bonus I ended up with an outfit that looked really different from the back. All the detailing of the skirt and the complicated layering of the tops and belt are saved for the "surprise" front view.

Brown top: Noa Noa
Vest: Solemio
Cardigan: Max Studio
Skirt: Attila Design
Belt: Audra Jean
Boots: Bata

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home