Friday, March 5, 2010

Minnie Mouse



Sometimes you've just got to take an idea and run with it. An outfit of entirely black and white polka dots and stripes was on my mind, having thrifted both these polka dot items in Oregon and then having gotten this gorgeous black and white wrap cardigan as a gift from my mom. So I mixed 'em all up, threw on my white ice skate-style boots and my red coat, and felt very Minnie Mouse. Minnie Mouse at the Ice Capades, perhaps.

The top part of this outfit is a minidress, probably from the 80's or early 90's. The fit is absolutely perfect and really flattering, so I'm looking forward to wearing it without an additional top layer once it gets warmer (it's short enough that it will always need a bottom layer!). The skirt was floor length, but some quick cutting and sewing turned it into a much more flattering length for me.

Dress, skirt: thrifted
Cardigan: a gift from mom (thanks, mom!)
Belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Boots: Dr. Marten's
Coat: Tulle

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home