Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Thrift-able Trend



A couple of weekends ago I snuck off to Oregon for a few days to visit my family. It was our belated Christmas celebration, since I was in Mexico for the holidays. I love celebrating Christmas on our own schedule; to me it feels so much more relaxed and stress-free.

While I was there we not only did our gift-exchanging, but my mom and I also did a good deal of thrift shopping, which was so fruitful for me that I had to have my family ship some of my haul home to me, since it wouldn't all fit in my tiny suitcase. This adorable jacket was among my thrift finds, and since khaki and other military-styled clothing is big this season, I was especially thrilled when I spotted it. Since military styles have come and gone many times over the years, this is my top pick for an easily thrift-able trend this season.

I paired the jacket with this dusty purple ruffled skirt, which was a Christmas gift from my mom (mom has great taste, no?). In order to give the skirt a little more length, I layered it over my tulle-embellished slip/skirt. Adding a little bad-assery are my brand new Clinic boots, which I snagged via Solestruck's notification service. More Clinics are coming to Solestruck -- you can preorder them here.

Hat: Accessorize/Monsoon
Tie-dyed tank top: Rapsodia
Jacket, belt: thrifted
Purple skirt: Urban Outfitters
Slip-skirt: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home