Friday, February 19, 2010

For My Guy

I didn't wear this outfit to work. I put it on for no other reason than because I was going over to Mark's place and I wanted to look cute for my guy. Why should everyone at work get to see my fancy outfits every day, while Mark mostly sees me in my relax-at-home cozies? So after I got home from work (in the outfit I posted yesterday), I changed into this and headed over to Mark's. After a day of wearing an outfit that I wasn't really very happy with, it was extra nice to put this on.

This is the dress I bought in Mexico, and in these shots you can get a better idea of what it looks like. It has a halter strap with thin lengths of chain braided through it, which drape down on one side. Its skin-baring cut and loose layers make it a perfect summer dress, but the somber, mottled gray wash makes it adaptable for cold weather too. For this outfit I layered it over my All Saints argyle sweater for warmth. Are you tired of seeing my All Saints argyle yet? I hope not, because I'm sure not tired of wearing it.

This outfit was another good excuse to wear my new Jeffrey Campbell boots, which as I mentioned before are insanely comfortable. Last week I received the Clinic wedges that I ordered via Solestruck's automatic notification system; you'll be seeing those beauties very soon. Solestruck is slated to get more of the Clinics in stock next month; if you've been wanting a pair, you'll need to snap them up quick, because they're literally selling out within hours.

Hat: Audra Jean
Dress: Forla Paris
Argyle sweater: All Saints
Boots: Jeffrey Campbell

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home