Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dreading Spring



As winter begins to wind down, I keep reminding myself that I need to get some more wears out of warm items such as this wool dress and multi-layered tulle skirt, because they're near impossible to pull off in warmer weather. I'm actually sort of dreading the arrival of spring, at least from a clothing perspective; it's my least favorite season to dress for. The weather rarely gets warm enough in San Francisco for anything less than full winter regalia at that time of year, and then pastels (which, sadly, are said to be big this spring) look godawful on me, especially after months without sun. Even the summer is tough here, because again it rarely gets very hot, but at least the color options tend to be more flattering for me.

What is your least favorite fashion season, and why? What are your tricks for coping with it?

This dress has such an interesting shape, with its bustled panel of boiled wool in the back. The curved hemline allowed more of the tulle to peek out, giving the back a completely different look from the front of the outfit. To add some contrast to my upper half, I layered the leopard top under the dress and left the dress unzipped far enough to reveal the top's ruffled placket.

Dress: 2026
Top: F21
Skirt: Noa Noa
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Seychelles (via Solestruck)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home