Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Incarnations

This is a combo you've seen in many different incarnations, as navy and orange is one of my go-to color pairings. Here I started with the orange dress and then just loaded the outfit up with a bunch of navy accents. I chose the argyle tights because I wanted to add a little bit of pattern without introducing another color. The extra colors I saved for the subtle splashes found in the bracelet, which contains not only navy blue but also teal, green and yellow. It kept the outfit from looking too matchy without distracting from the clean lines of the jacket.

I just adore this vintage jacket, which I found in a shop in Montmartre in 2008. It's structured and professional-looking, and yet the vintage styling also makes it unique and fun; I'm certain that LPC would endorse this kind of piece for incorporation into traditional corporate wear, though certainly with less eye-catching tights. Classic vintage pieces can be a fun alternative to a suit, and a great way to add personality to corporate wear.

Jacket: vintage
Dress: Carolina Herrera, thrifted
Bracelet: sadly, I don't know
Boots: Frye

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home