Monday, March 15, 2010

Inspired by Sal

This outfit was inspired by this recent one of Sal's, or at least it started out that way. I loved the way her cropped, furry vest contrasted with her form-fitting short dress and leggings, so when I remembered that I had recently received this little cropped lace vest as a gift from my sister, I figured I could put together something similar.

I started with my argyle sweaterdress from All Saints, and although it looked great with the vest, the outfit had more of a going-out dressy vibe and felt wrong for work, so I chose this tunic instead. But the tunic is just a little too short to be worn without something underneath, so I added the skirt. In the end my outfit didn't really look anything like Sal's, but no matter; it was the inspiration for a starting point that was important.

This little vest works perfectly on my figure because I have narrow shoulders, so it fills out my top half and balances the flared bottom half of the tunic, which I accentuated even more by adding the tulle skirt. I'm excited to find other ways to wear the vest because it's unlike anything else in my closet. Being made entirely of lace, it has the potential to dress up even a very casual outfit, and it's light enough that I can wear it as the weather gets warmer.

Vest: a gift from my sister
Shirt: J. Crew, thrifted
Tunic: Promod
Skirt: F21
Tights: Sock Dreams
Boots: Bata

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home