Monday, March 29, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

If you haven't already checked out Sal's fabulous group post about style evolution, be sure to stop by and take a peek. I was truly honored to contribute to such an inspiring post!

This was my St. Patrick's Day outfit; I kept the jacket on all day, not for fear of being pinched so much as not wanting to get hypothermia in my overly-air-conditioned office. I shouldn't really complain; I have a beautiful view of the bay and can see the airplanes coming and going from SFO, and these days the visibility is great and the water is especially blue. So there's that. But it's still too damn cold in there.

I love the subtle details in this outfit, particularly the way the raw edge of the skirt goes so well with the tattered edges of the jacket, and how both pieces have contrasting topstitching. I also love the dark tie-dye print of the tank top; I'm not typically a fan of tie dye, but I'm liking these muted dark-on-dark prints I'm seeing lately, because the print looks smoky and mysterious. In this outfit the tank adds some contrast while still following the purple color scheme.

Jacket: Tulle
Cowl top: thrifted
Tank top: Rhapsodia
Necklace: World Market
Skirt: Fiorini Wichmacki
Boots: All Black




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home