Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stolen

I'll just come right out and admit straight away that I completely stole this Tealive� combination from Kasmira. The layering of these two skirts was also stolen, from a couple of my own past outfits; only this time I did the layering in reverse. This really illustrates just how versatile these soft jersey skirts can be.

First let me explain the skirts: the teal one is mid-calf length and has a wide, jersey waistband. The gray skirt is knee length and has an extra-wide jersey waistband that folds over on itself. In past configurations, I've unfolded the waistband of the gray skirt and hiked it all the way up to wear it as an above-the-knee dress, sometimes layering the teal skirt underneath to add contrast, shape, and length. Here I did just the opposite: I hiked the teal skirt all the way up and wore the gray one as it was designed. I included a few photos at the bottom of the post showing both skirts separately and together so you can compare the different configurations.

Now if I just wore the two skirts together without something on top, two things would happen; the teal skirt would look like a giant tent on me, and it would also not stay in place on its own. Hence, the jacket and belt serve two important functions, to hold everything in place and to give the outfit shape. But also, the olive jacket and teal skirt combination was the kernel of my original idea, because together they make Tealive�.

Jacket, belt: thrifted
Necklace, pearl ring: Manu Lizarralde
Teal Skirt: LA. Made
Gray skirt: S
Boots: All Black

Here are some past outfits that make use of these two skirts in different ways. Do you have any items that you wear differently then the way they were designed?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home