Friday, July 23, 2010

Unbalanced

The colors are a bit off in these photos. This top is actually a very soft peachy pink, but here it looks very bright and salmon-y. If you take a look way back in the archives at this post, you'll see a better representation of the top's actual shade.

That old post might in fact be the last time I wore this top. I've actually tried it a few times but just never found quite the right combination. As I stated in that previous post, I'm in general not a fan of strapless garments on anyone when they're worn alone; I think all the bare skin up top does weird things to a body's proportions, mine in particular. I'm small through the shoulders and bust anyway, and strapless things always make me look disproportionately smaller. I frankly don't get why the look is so popular, especially for long dresses, where all that bare skin up top is outweighed by the huge expanse of fabric below. To my eye it just looks unbalanced.

I've managed not to wash these black jeans yet, so they're still nice and dark. I'm actually extra careful not to get them dirty, knowing if I have to wash them and they fade, that I won't love them as much. Thanks for all the suggestions on caring for them, by the way -- if and when I do need to wash them, I'll definitely refer back to all your great advice.

Have a great weekend, everyone! Mark and I are in the final stages of getting our new vacation rental furnished and ready for guests. I'm hoping to post some photos of the place next week if we can get everything done. We have a lot of work ahead of us for the weekend, but it's exciting too.

Top: Weston Wear
Jacket, belt: thrifted
Jeans: Diesel
Shoes: John Fluevog

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home