Monday, August 16, 2010

A Little Mod


I just realized looking at these photos that I'm sort of doing a Wonder Woman pose there in the first one. She always had her fists clenched, though -- I'll have to try that the next time.

The last time I wore this dress was last Halloween, when I went as Twiggy, and before that I'd only worn it one other time. But a dress like this needs few wearings, because each one makes a pretty strong impression. Plus, there are only so many ways to style a lemon yellow mod 60's minidress, and I don't want to run through them so fast that I have to start repeating with the same accessories. So provided my size doesn't change, I'll be wearing this dress infrequently but for many years to come.

With this outfit I worked with the blueish-gray side panels of the dress, bringing in both gray and blue accents. The tights and boots were harmonious with the mod style of the dress, while the cardigan, with its slashes along the placket, added a modern touch. With an obvious vintage piece such as this dress, it's important not to go so far as to look costumey (unless, of course, you're actually wearing it as a costume). A little mod goes a long way.


Dress: vintage
Cardigan: Cynthia Rowley
Tights: via Sock Dreams
Boots: Bronx

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home