Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Birthday Activities


I recently celebrated my 43rd birthday by, among other things, buying myself these ankle boots. The details are a bit difficult to see in these photos; one of these days I'll take a close-up of just the boots by themselves (or you can follow the link below and see them on the Zappos site). They have a removable harness-type assembly around them that gives them a unique look, but they also have just the right amount of Chelsea-boot vibe that I was looking for. For their inaugural wearing I paired them with my mod dress, which is the very garment that got me thinking about Chelsea boots in the first place.

Other birthday activities included a nice brunch at Absinthe, a foot and back massage, and a bottle of wine. I think it's important to indulge a little on your birthday.

Dress: Promod
Cardigan: Max Studio
Boots: See by Chloe  (Incidentally, the reviewer on Zappos is correct in saying the size equivalents are off; I fortunately predicted this would be the case and ordered my correct euro size, 40, without paying attention to the fact that Zappos told me it equaled a US size 10. It doesn't; it's a standard size 9 just like every other pair of euro 40's I've ever tried on. Both Zappos and Endless seem to have issues with size equivalents.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home