Thursday, September 27, 2012

Going Strong


These pants often look very dark in outfits, but here I used the scarf to brighten things up and bring out the purple color of the pants. Wearing this big scarf shawl-style works well with this top, because it has a collar that sticks out and makes it tough to put lighter weight garments over it. In fact, I discussed this issue waaaay back in 2008, where I declared that wearing the top over a lightweight jacket makes me look like a hunchback.

There are several interesting things about that old post: (1) I'm wearing one of those colorful, wide belts which used to be a regular feature in my outfits but which I no longer ever wear, (2) I talk about having a date, which means that both the post and the top predate my husband, and (3) I forgot just how dark indigo those Joe's Jeans (which I'm actually wearing right now) used to be. It was also photographed in my old apartment, and my hairstyle is  quite different. The times have certainly changed, and the old jeans may be faded, but this little top is still going strong.

Scarf: Asos
Top: H&M
Pants: Rag & Bone
Boots: Ecco
Bag: Boktier

I used my fleur-de-lis scarf ring to secure the ends of the scarf. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home