Tuesday, October 23, 2012

School Marm


This dress is about a month and a half old, though I haven't gotten around to wearing it until now because we kept getting random warm spells just when I was wanting to wear it, and then I kept putting off ironing it. Finally the temperature dipped down a bit and I decided I just didn't care that it was a little bit wrinkled. All the stars were aligned.

I love the mix of fabrics in this dress, and that big wide collar is such a great detail. I think I might hem it about an inch or two though, because something about the cut combined with the length just felt a little... school marm, perhaps? I guess it might also have been the lace-up booties and opaque black tights that I chose to pair it with.

Which reminds me, I desperately need to restock my patterned tights, as many of my favorites are starting to get worn or develop holes. I feel like an interesting pair of patterned tights might have kicked up the sophistication factor in this outfit. Just in case, I'm still going to hem the dress.

Dress: eShakti
Bag: Foley + Corinna
Shoes: Tsubo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home