Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Fall Travels: Paris

For the finale of my latest trip to Europe, I spent the weekend in Paris after working in Strasbourg. By now I've been to Paris several times and am starting to know the city pretty well, so I made a point of going to some different spots this time.

I spent the better part of a day in Monmartre, which is one of my favorite neighborhoods in the city. This time I spent the day visiting several places associated with the impressionist painters, such as Renoir's house and gardens, and the Lapin Agile cabaret, both shown below.



One of Monmartre's two surviving windmills, Le Moulin de la Galette.

This time I also visited the Georges Pompidou Center, which I hadn't been to before. Though I love the building's exterior and the surrounding area, including this lighthearted fountain, I have to admit that much of the modern art housed in the museum is really lost on me. I'll go so far as to say that I thought the Bertrand Lavier exhibit was utter shit. Interesting in a way, but still... utter shit. If you can explain why a rock sitting atop a refrigerator deserves a spot in an internationally-renowned museum, you're undoubtedly way cooler than I am.


The best part was the view of old Paris through the modern structure of the Pompidou. You just can't beat the classic Parisian structures for their romance and charm.

That concludes my travel series for this round. I hope you've enjoyed tagging along for my latest adventure!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home