Monday, October 29, 2012

Packing for Europe: Early Winter Edition

Today I'm off for the UK and France, and since I'm going to be gone for awhile, I thought I'd share my travel wardrobe before I go. It's going to be a whole lot colder over there than it is here, sad to say. My itinerary will begin in Edinburgh, then a few days in York, an overnight in Liverpool, and then a few days in London. After that I'll be working in Strasbourg and ending the trip with a free weekend in Paris. As always, I'm taking lighter layers rather than any bulky pieces. Below are the major items I'll be wearing for the next 3 weeks.

5 shirts (2 long-sleeved layering tees are not shown):

3 cardigans:

2 dresses (these two have traveled with me before and have proven to be ideal travel items
for their wrinkle-resistance and comfort):

3 pairs of pants:

2 jackets (the zip-on sleeves of the vest aren't shown here):

The anorak is a recent purchase, and is something I've been seeking for well over a year. I kept seeing the ideal style on ladies around town, but could never seem to locate it in stores. Finally I was on the bus and spotted it in the window at Gap the other week, and quickly hopped off the bus to get it.

As you can see, I've made the entire wardrobe of jewel tones and neutrals, with black as my major neutral and olive as the secondary. Almost every piece goes with every other piece; below you can see how the shirts, cardigans, and layering tanks placed side by side look like a cohesive collection.


Finally, here are a few different combinations I put together using the same pieces.




And finally, my traveling outfit. I chose my most comfortable, soft, stretchy items and will be carrying the jacket since it's one of the larger items I'm taking. I also fully expect it to be cold when I get off the plane, so I know I'm going to want it when I get there.
And with that, I'm off! I didn't end up getting any new posts lined up except for this one, so the blog will be silent for the next 3 weeks. I'm really excited that I get to skip the rest of the election nonsense (though I did of course vote by mail already), and even better, that I got to see my SF Giants sweep the World Series before leaving the country. What a perfect send off! See you in a few weeks!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home