Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Uniform



This outfit was inspired by Rad_in_Broolyn's recent Angus Young look. I'm not a huge fan of AC/DC, but I must admit I've long been drawn to Angus's English schoolboy uniforms. This outfit wasn't a literal translation because it was too warm that day for a blazer, but I think it captures the vibe pretty well.

These cropped pants were actually in the bin to go to the Goodwill because I hadn't worn them in quite some time, but after getting inspired to do an Angus outfit I pulled them out again. I used to have a matching blazer as well, but I never could bring myself to wear the two together because it looked too, well, uniform-ish. It would have been perfect for this outfit, although I'm sure I would've balked at the last minute. There are limits to just how much of a costume I'm willing to wear, and anyway the jacket just wasn't a very flattering cut.

Shirt: Promod
Vest: A. Byer
Tie: thrifted
Pants: H&M
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog

Here are a couple more Georgie outtakes from the day's photos:


Georgie channels many different animals. Here you can see her "seal" look on the left,
and her "fruit bat" look on the right.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home