Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Winter All Over

Oh, San Francisco weather. Just when you think spring has arrived, the temperature drops, a storm moves in, and it's winter all over again. To signal my dissatisfaction with the climate, I wore my Wendy Brandes swear rings. Since then, nature has decided to straighten up and fly right, bringing the sunny skies back just in time for our move. I'm certain it was the rings.

I did use the crummy weather to my advantage, taking the opportunity to wear my new boots again. On a related note, I was thrilled to see Angie discuss the merits of wearing boots in the summer; in San Francisco I would say it rarely gets too cold for boots, even in the warmest months. This was another pair I recently found deeply discounted on Amazon (this is a great time of year to buy boots!). They are a rich, slate gray color and have just enough hardware detailing without being too much. The detail shot of the boots is from a different outfit, but I thought you might want to see them up close while I'm on the subject.

The sweater is one I found on Gilt. I have searched high and low for an interesting cashmere cardigan, but until now everything I've found has been plain and boring. I just loved the randomly-placed cutout holes in this one, and the color is really different from anything else in my wardrobe. The buttons, however, were ugly as sin, so I cut those suckers off straight away, knowing that I would need to belt this sweater anyway. I think it's far better without them.

Sweater: Cynthia Rowley, via Gilt
Dress: not sure of the brand
Rings: Wendy Brandes
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: F21
Tights: Foot Traffic, via Sock Dreams
Boots: Bronx

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home