Monday, June 21, 2010

Amazed

I continue to be amazed at the overwhelming response to last week's child-free post, and how many other child-free women came forward with support and similar stories. If you didn't catch it in the comments, I wanted to point you to this article by my friend and fellow blogger Fawn Fitter: Are You Being Denied the Best Birth Control?

Being denied a tubal ligation is far more common than you might think; if you are in this situation, you absolutely do not have to put up with it! Write to the hospital board or even fire your doctor; you have every right to call the shots on this important decision. And if it wasn't already obvious from all the comments that are still coming in, you are NOT alone!

On to the outfit. This one was a lot harder to put together than I thought it would be. I'd been wanting to pair this fun orange and burgundy skirt with navy, and originally I thought I'd finish the outfit by emphasizing the orange in the skirt, since orange and navy are such a great combination. But when it came down to it I didn't have the right orange items to make it work, so I repeated the burgundy instead.

The outfit is so colorful that I felt I should keep the bottom half as monochromatic as I could, but I threw a curve in there by choosing patterned tights instead of solid.

Top: Red Dress Shoppe
Obi belt: Sunhee Moon
Skirt: Skunkfunk
Tights: Biella
Shoes: Naot

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home