Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dreary Day

I apologize for the lighting here; this was a VERY dreary day and I neglected to adjust the aperture setting to compensate. I'm still getting used to the height of our ceilings in the new place; they're high enough that the bounced flash is much less intense, so I need to change the camera settings much more than I needed to in my old place.

I recently placed quite a large order with All Saints, so you'll see lots of new things cropping up. The first of the batch is this Lindy Cardigan, and it has the complete laundry list of qualities I love: asymmetry, interesting details, great quality, and it's lightweight but warm, which means that I can wear it most of the year in SF. It is actually quite thin and semi-sheer, though it's tough to tell in these dark photos. Next time I'll do a better job at making its transparency show.

Speaking of All Saints, the US online store has made some improvements since I first posted about it last October. They've finally added a Vintage section, and it seems like the prices are starting to be more comparable with the UK ones, although when I placed this order the UK site was having a 25% off sale. You do have to keep in mind that if you live in the US, you will be charged customs fees on UK orders; however, the VAT that's added into the cost of each garment will be subtracted when you check out. For the time being I'd still recommend checking both sites when you're contemplating a purchase and making a careful comparison in cost. Also, I believe the US site has their clothes listed in UK size equivalents (i.e., a size 10 listed on the site is actually a US 6), so be careful with the sizing! I'd be curious to hear if anyone has ordered via the US site, and what your experience has been.

Cardigan: All Saints
Tank top: Rapsodia (Argentina)
Skirt: Noa Noa
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: John Fluevog


The gloomy view from our front windows last Friday; City Hall is almost completely obscured by fog.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home