Friday, May 21, 2010

Getting Caught Up

I want to thank everyone who contributed (or will contribute) to yesterday's lively discussion. If you haven't read through the comments yet, be sure to! I found myself agreeing with so many of the commenters, even when their opinions were opposing; obviously, the whole immigration issue is extremely complex and there's no one magical answer or solution. But I love the intelligent dialogue that we're having; obviously, we're all interested in other things besides fashion, and I think it's great to open up these sorts of conversations now and then. Because this isn't a politically-charged site, I feel like it's a more all-inclusive place, and a place with a community of people who at least share a few things in common; to me this makes it a 'safe' and welcoming place to have such a discussion. So comment on; I'm really open to hearing whatever you have to say (as long as it's said respectfully, of course!).

I'm still getting caught up on my blog reading and commenting, as well as replying to comments made here. The first half of this week was spent at a conference, so I got further behind by being separated from my computer for a few days. So if you've asked me something in the comments and I haven't replied yet, feel free to prod me, or check back again in a day or so when hopefully I'll have gotten to it.

This outfit was thrown together in the morning before the conference, and it proved to be not as comfortable as I'd hoped. I think the black skirt (which you can just see peeking out at the hem) was the straw that broke the camel's back; there was just one too many layers and the outfit felt constricting and a bit too warm. I do like the proportions of the dress and the long cardigan though, and will probably try a different variation of this combo again.

Cardigan: Cynthia Rowley (via Gilt)
Dress, belt: Red Dress Shoppe
Slip/skirt: Glam Garb by Gunlis
Tights: Noa Noa
Boots: All Black

Since yesterday's topic was a bit depressing and serious, I thought I'd leave you with a few photos that are a little more lighthearted:



Georgie loves pretending she's a lap dog.



Showing off the team spirit.


The beautiful view of downtown and SF City Hall from our patio.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home