Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Total Comfort

With this outfit I went for total comfort. It was the last workday in the old place, and I didn't want to come home with aching feet or a squeezed midsection or anything else that might slow me down for the weekend. We finished all our packing that Friday night and Saturday, had the movers move everything on Sunday (and actually we moved a lot of stuff ourselves too), and I took Monday through Wednesday off to start getting settled in.

Everything I wore that day was loose and flowy. I even resisted my natural urge to belt the cardigan and just let the long ends hang down, which I thought gave the outfit a nice modern shape. My low-heeled boots are comfortable enough to walk all day in, and I liked how the small metal studs mimicked the polka dots on the skirt.

For a splash of color I added this big chunky necklace from Dana LeBlanc Designs. This is really an impact necklace and I don't tend to wear it very often; it usually requires an outfit that is simpler than most of the stuff I put together. But with the clean black and white and the simplicity of the unstructured layers, I thought it worked really well.

Coming up tomorrow, my first attempt at an outfit shot in the new house! I'm still figuring out where my preferred location will be, but it's a start.

Cardigan: a gift from Mom
Top: Max Studio
Skirt: thrifted
Necklace: Dana LeBlanc on Etsy
Boots: All Black

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home