Wednesday, May 12, 2010

First

Well, here it is -- the first official outfit photo in my new home! This was from last Thursday, and to be honest I was still feeling very disoriented and not fully back into the swing of planning outfits, taking pictures, and working with the computer (I'm still feeling that way to some degree). So I guess it's hardly surprising that I put together the very same skirt/boots combo that I had just worn the last time I'd been in the office.

This outfit actually came about because that afternoon was Game 4 of the Sharks-Redwings series, and since I was going straight from work to meet up with Laura I needed a comfy teal and black ensemble. As it turned out, that was a sad game to watch, with the Sharks getting soundly beaten, but thankfully they came back in the next game to win the series and advance to the next round. I'm just enthralled with watching all the sports commentators, who completely wrote off the Sharks before the playoffs started, eat several large helpings of crow now. Suckers.

Right, the new place. Yes, here it is, or at least part of the front room. It isn't really arranged in its final configuration yet; here you can see a few stray books, a jumble of barware, and the remote control to the tiny Mini Cooper that I love to chase Georgie around with. These things have all since been put away, but at least you can also get a sense of the Victorian detailing (a window seat AND a built-in bookcase!), the tall ceilings, the ample light, and the lovely hardwood floors. As soon as we've tackled the last of the boxes, I'll take some better shots of the rest of the place.

Top: Red Dress Shoppe
Waistcoat: Last Kiss
Skirt: thifted
Boots: All Black

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home