Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Black Market Baby



This gorgeous sheer, leather-trimmed tank and striped leggings came to me by way of a trade with fellow Etsy seller Audrey Cantwell of Black Market Baby. I had already marked her shop as a favorite ages ago, so when she suggested a trade I jumped at the opportunity. These pieces both have that unique, special quality I always look for, and they're both really well made. For an evening out, I might wear this tank over something sleeveless and black, but for work I chose this long-sleeved argyle sweater dress for a more modest look. The leggings have a waistband that's light as air, so the whole outfit was amazingly comfortable and constriction-free. I love how the sheerness of the tank allows the form-fitting sweater dress shape to show through, but still gives the outfit a draped, relaxed look that doesn't come off as too revealing, especially for work. I'm looking forward to finding more ways to use these wonderful pieces.

I kept the accessories fairly simple so as to let the tank and leggings be the stars of the outfit, but I did opt for a mixed-metals pile of long necklaces to break up the dark colors.

Tank, leggings: Black Market Baby
Dress: All Saints
Boots: All Black

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home