Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Complexity




This big, soft cardigan is yet another All Saints purchase. Taking Sal's advice on wearing an oversized garment, I kept the rest of the outfit sleek and form fitting so that my shape was not entirely lost. The shorts and leggings showed off the shape of my legs, while underneath the cardigan I wore a tight fitting, stretchy tank tucked into the shorts and belted.


This outfit had a certain level of complexity to it, which surfaced whenever I went to the bathroom. All that adjusting and tucking and buckling was difficult enough, and then there was the constant threat of the long tail of the cardigan and free ends of the scarf dropping into the toilet. Thankfully I was on my game that day and didn't have any mishaps, but there were a couple of near misses. The outfit was really comfortable though, which made up for the hassle.

Cardigan: All Saints
Scarf: local import store
Shorts: Mango
Leggings: Kersh
Boots: Fly London

I thought today I'd show you a picture of our front window view on a day when the skyline isn't obscured by fog. I love the way the rippled Victorian-era glass distorts the buildings, so I included a close-up so you can see it better. The beautiful domed building is City Hall, and behind it is the new-ish Federal Building, which is generally viewed by locals as either an amazing modern creation or a hideous eyesore (I'm of the former camp). If you look closely you can see 2 chairs sitting on the roof of one of the buildings in the center of the frame; one of these days I want to get a photo of the view when there are people sitting out there, because it looks even cooler. These rooftop decks are fairly common around San Francisco and are a great feature of the city.




Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home