Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quick Draw



Apparently Mark made me this harness several months ago, and though I kept seeing it hanging there in the closet, I just assumed it was intended for the shop. The other day I was going to "borrow" it (which generally entails me just keeping the item), until Mark told me it was mine to begin with. I just love this piece; it has a rugged, gun holster feel to it that I really like. Of course the only thing I can "draw" is my work security badge on its retractable cord, but hey, I can draw it with lightening speed!

This harness is made of a very high quality, thick Italian leather. It's also dyed all the way through, which means the core of the leather is dark, with the contrasting color visible around the cut edges. If you click on the detail shot you can see what a beautiful 3-D shadow effect this gives to the straps and even the buckle holes. If you've examined the Etsy shop closely and were wondering about the pricing, this is what accounts for the difference in price between this particular harness and its black counterpart; the leather for this one is much more expensive and is harder to come by.

I've also requested a steel gray version of this harness, which will make its debut at Burning Man; I already have several outfits mapped out for it.


Cardigan: All Saints
Brown t-shirt: H&M
Dress: thrifted
Harness: Audra Jean
Leggings: Kersh
Boots: Bata

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home