Thursday, June 24, 2010

Key to Success



This was such a comfy outfit, with the soft, stretchy layers and elastic belt. Even my finicky feet were comfortable in the boots, and by wearing thigh high socks instead of tights, I kept my torso from being too warm.

I've realized that thigh high socks are a key to success in dressing for San Francisco summers. When it's too cool for totally bare legs, but too warm for tights, a pair of thigh highs can take the chill off while allowing your upper legs to enjoy the summer breezes under the protection of a skirt or dress. With this outfit I rolled the socks down like the flappers used to do in the 20's, which served 2 purposes: it made the outfit look a bit more summery, and it showed off a little bit of my memento mori tattoo. Plus I thought it just looked cute and sassy. The socks stay up pretty well on their own, but the tall boots helped a little too.

Tune in tomorrow, when Jess makes her long-awaited return!

Shirt: All Saints
Tunic: Anthropologie
Scarf: Duke et Duchesse
Skirt: S
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Bronx

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home